Since reforming in 2006:
- Pace SDS in New York City secured the resignation of their University President after they revealed that his salary was over half a million dollars a year while he was cutting financial aid and limiting free speech on campus
- Harvard SDS in Cambridge, MA won higher wages for their school security guards after a long campaign ending in a 9 day hunger strike
- Tacoma and Olympia SDS in WA formed street blockades at local ports to prevent military equipment from being loaded onto boats and brought to Iraq
- Florida SDS chapters won tuition equity for undocumented students in the state of Florida
- West Chester SDS organized walk outs to help win a major strike victory for faculty workers at West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- Various chapters defeated tuition hikes on several campuses
When we dare to struggle, we dare to win!
If current chapters have any campaign victories they would like to add please let us know.